Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Carlyle Theas Wardrobe Solution


I've been using Carlyle Thea's Wardrobe for the past month and it is, by far, THE BEST purchase I've made in SL. What makes it unique is that you can view and manage your inventory online without paying upload fees. If I'm looking for hair, I just click on the hair tag and it pulls up all of the hair in my inventory. The same goes for shoes, gowns, etc. Recently I was looking for outfits to enter The Dressing Room contest, so I clicked on the TDR tag I created and it pulled up everything from The Dressing Room (TDR) that's in my inventory in seconds. Its truly amazing.

So how does it work?

1. Purchase or receive a new outfit.
2. If the outfit has a texture, just drag the texture into the HUD. Enter the name of the outfit in local chat, followed by the tags you want to assign to it and any remarks once prompted.
3. If the outfit does not have a texture, take a snapshot of yourself wearing the outfit in SL and email it to the wardrobe email address. In the body of the email, indicate the tags you want to assign to the outfit and the remarks.
4. The outfit will appear on the wardrobe website in a few seconds and you can then easily sort and view your inventory.
5. Drag the folder containing your clothes into the RLV folder.

(In order for this to work, the textures must be full perm and you must use the RLV feature of the viewer.)

The best part about the wardrobe is that you can change your clothes directly from the website. As long as you are wearing the HUD in SL, you can click on a button from the website and it will remove the clothes that you are currently wearing and replace them with the outfit you selected.




Another cool feature is that the HUD comes with a pose stand and background to assist with your snapshots. 15 poses and 5 backgrounds are included and you can add more at any time to personalize the HUD. This basically turns your pose stand into a mini photo studio.

While its time consuming to add a large inventory to the wardrobe, the texture upload feature speeds up the process and its sooooooooo worth the time it takes to get organized. I've discovered clothes I didn't know I had and have purged some truly awful pieces I received as a newbie.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only a few days ago, I was wishing for a wardrobe organiser that didn't require me to be in-world. Amazing idea, and thanks for the comprehensive review.

Post a Comment